This bread is a little more moist than cake, sort of like a banana bread.
Cheddar and Apple Bread
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 apples peeled and chopped
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese - grated (1/2 cup before grating or 1 cup if it's already grated)
2 cups flour
1teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
3. In mixing bowl, beat melted butter and sugar until light
4. Beat in eggs one at a time
5. Stir in apples, walnuts, and cheddar
6. Slowly add and stir in dry mix.
7. Pour into greased 9x5x3" loaf pan
8. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes (loaf will start to brown slightly on the top.
And if anyone wants to try it, I think maybe adding about 1/4 cup chopped onions would taste terrific as well!
photo by nem_youth